NP, Rod - this is what I suspected.  I only replied because if I misconstrued something, I wanted to be correct.  Thanks for clearing it up for me - and hopefully for others.

Rick

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rod Trent
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 10:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] SP4 question

:)  Sorry...I only highlighted the words because that's the statement from MS, and to thumbtack the issue.  It caught my eye only after your post, but I was responding to the general thread.

I've seen this issue floating around due to BugTraq's report.  BugTraq provides a good service, but falls short on occasion.  Anything you see on BugTraq (or any other list) should be taken up first with your MS representative (TAM, SAM, MVP, etc.) -- particularly security concerns.