Ok, just to be positive, you switched the -h to DC2 for DC2 correct? Just
making sure...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scoles, Damian
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 10:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK.  I ran ADFind on both servers using this command:

adfind -h DC1 -b CN=Infrastructure,DC=win2003test,DC=com -s base
fsmoroleowner

Both times it shows DC2 as the role owner.  Also, I ran NTDSUtil and found
the following results for FSMO:

Schema          DC1
Domain          DC2
PDC                     DC1
RID                     DC2
Infrastructure  DC2

This is the way I had split the roles, as DC1 is also a GC (3 functions per
server).  Anyways, so these reveal DC2 to be the Infrastructure Manager.  I
also posted this on a MS Community newsgroup and a guy from MS said that the
code for dsquery and Active Directory and Computers is the same.  So in
theory, they should have the same results.  I am going to work with them to
see what I am missing.  Thanks.

Damian Scoles
Senior Technical Analyst
MCSE, CCNP, CNA, A+