Nah.... That would give him access to all domain controllers, member servers
and workstations. This wouldn't be acceptable security by any stretch of the
imagination. Just because you trust someone with workstations doesn't mean
you should trust them with anything else.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Oliver Marshall
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 10:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir]

No Joke. Its not the best, but then I am taking some assumptions;

1) If he is installing software on each machine individually then it isnt a
big setup by any means

2) Adding one user to each machines admin groups could take a while and is a
pain, even in small setups.

3) He has a backup admin account that he can use should any numpty change
the admin account password

4) The chap in question can be trusted enough to do work on his own machines
even if he cant be trusted with a generic password which is the same for all
clients (!)

5) There is no other real way of doing this other than making him a member
of one of the two admin groups (local or domain)

Based on these assumptions, I'm afraid I stand by my comment. Given the
assumed setup I don't see it as too much of risk, and you can always revoke
privelages afterwards