Title: Message
That's OK Roger.  We just need to tell Microsoft to rewrite that KB below else I need to drink more coffee to understand it properly. ;)
-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Seielstad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 10:03 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] GPO and the Outlook Dumpster

Hate to say it, but you're wrong on that one Al. The client side registry key simply changes whether or not the client is aware of the "dumpster" in a particular mailbox folder.

Remember, the "dumpster" is really nothing more than a view on a database table in which the items are all marked as tombstoned. What you see in the folder in Outlook (or any other client) is simply the list of items in the folder which are not tombstoned.

Roger
Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.