They need WP (Write Property) on the member attribute of the group.

Assuming the following

OU: GroupTestOU
Delegated Admin Group: joe\TestOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin

You can use the following DSACLS command on the OU to delegate the ability
to change membership to all groups within the OU.

dsacls OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com /I:S /G
joe\TestOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin:WP;member;group

Note I highly recommend doing the delegation on the OUs versus on individual
groups as it tends to be easier to track down later.

If you wanted it on one specific group the command would be like

dsacls cn=testou-grouptestou-dl1,OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com /I:P
/G joe\TestOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin:WP;member;

Note that if you have multiple domains and especially GCs from multiple
domains in the site with the Exchange Servers you will almost certainly run
into issues modifying group memberships through Outlook. It is all FUBAR
right now and being looked at to be corrected - look for previous posts from
me in the archives concerning the issues. If you have a single domain
deployment you will be fine.

If you have multiple domains, I don't even recommend using Outlook to do the
management. Use the Find Person dialogs or use ADUC or a custom web site.

  joe

http://www.joeware.net   (download joeware)
http://www.cafeshops.com/joewarenet  (wear joeware)