I agree there are more medium companies than large ones. Couldn't be any
other way. However, I think the best practices are good for anyone as you
shouldn't depend on a single user for any given work unless the company is
tiny (like you know everyone and very little turnover). Especially if it
involves granting access to things. Small/Medium companies need to follow
good practices as much as or possibly even more than large companies simply
because they don't have the resources to bail them out when it gets screwed
up.

On the second statement, that is incorrect.

Here is a dump from my environment with two group managing each other. Only
the non-Security DL doesn't have the managedobjects backlink filled in.

[Mon 03/29/2004  8:17:26.66]
F:\DEV\cpp\OldCmp>adfind -default -f managedby=*

AdFind V01.12.00cpp Joe Richards ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) May 2003

Using server: 2k3dc01.joe.com
Base DN: DC=joe,DC=com

dn:CN=TestOU-GroupTestOU-DL1,OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com
>objectClass: top
>objectClass: group
>cn: TestOU-GroupTestOU-DL1
>distinguishedName:
CN=TestOU-GroupTestOU-DL1,OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com
>instanceType: 4
>whenCreated: 20040327224354.0Z
>whenChanged: 20040329003348.0Z
>uSNCreated: 130338
>uSNChanged: 134833
>name: TestOU-GroupTestOU-DL1
>objectGUID: {51D054EA-CD6D-4BD4-B619-1A1B3830BEE5}
>objectSid: S-1-5-21-1862701446-4008382571-2198042679-1118
>sAMAccountName: TestOU-GroupTestOU-DL1
>sAMAccountType: 268435457
>managedBy:
CN=TESTOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin,OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com
>groupType: 8
>objectCategory: CN=Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>dSCorePropagationData: 20040327224635.0Z
>dSCorePropagationData: 16010101000001.0Z

dn:CN=TESTOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin,OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com
>objectClass: top
>objectClass: group
>cn: TESTOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin
>distinguishedName:
CN=TESTOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin,OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com
>instanceType: 4
>whenCreated: 20040327224440.0Z
>whenChanged: 20040329003101.0Z
>uSNCreated: 130343
>uSNChanged: 134814
>name: TESTOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin
>objectGUID: {8700F729-8B9F-4BD0-BAB9-60BB1B99A1E9}
>objectSid: S-1-5-21-1862701446-4008382571-2198042679-1119
>sAMAccountName: TESTOU-GroupTestOU-GrpAdmin
>sAMAccountType: 536870912
>managedBy: CN=NormalUser,CN=Users,DC=joe,DC=com
>managedObjects:
CN=TestOU-GroupTestOU-DL1,OU=GroupTestOU,OU=TestOU,DC=joe,DC=com
>groupType: -2147483644
>objectCategory: CN=Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=joe,DC=com
>dSCorePropagationData: 20040327224635.0Z
>dSCorePropagationData: 16010101000001.0Z

2 Objects returned

[Mon 03/29/2004  8:18:49.97]
F:\DEV\cpp\OldCmp>

http://www.joeware.net   (download joeware)