Hello Lara,

first of all - I'd wait putting all kinds of applications and devices which tweak the system until the DC works. You seem to have issues with the smartcard reader, and VNC (whyever you would need that - I'd just go for Terminal Services Administration Mode). Are you able to nail down those other events where the event description could not be read?

Another thing to mention: you are not supposed to put the underscore "_" character in a DNS-Name (therefor Computername). Was that your real name or did you replace it to post here? If it was your real name, change it.

HTH, Ulf

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lara Adianto
Sent: Dienstag, 6. April 2004 05:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] failed to locate a DC...

I have indicated in my prev mail that I can't do dcpromo at all bec it can't find any DC.
anyway, I've tried to do dcdiag, and apparently my SYSVOL was not shared. So, following an instruction i found on the net, I managed to share it. but
      Starting test: frssysvol
         Error: No record of File Replication System, SYSVOL started.
         The Active Directory may be prevented from starting.
         ......................... TEST_W2KSERVER passed test frssysvol

I attached the complete result of dcdiag.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it

-lara-
"Rutherford, Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It looks to me like this a brand new domain? If not then I would suggest a DCPROMO down and up again. I'd also uninstall DNS and let the DCPROMO wizard install it.

If it's not a new domain and it's live in production then please come back and we'll take it further.

BR

Rob