Ok here it goes,

Windows 2003 Servers

Today the Raid controller lost the HD config on my main AD server after hour
or so of trying to get it back online I decided to opt for the promotion of
AD to my secondary Domain controller and just rebuild the 1st one. Well the
big problem I faced was that I never installed DNS on the second domain
controller. I decieded to go ahead with the FSMO promotion and everything
was seized just fine. But now I sit with no DNS (I installed DNS before the
Seizer of roles) but it is not creating any Zones. I have tried to create a
new Zone but it keeps looking for the downed server?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Aaron Visser

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm