-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aaron Visser
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 6:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] DNS Issue

Ok here it goes,

Windows 2003 Servers

Today the Raid controller lost the HD config on my main AD server after hour
or so of trying to get it back online I decided to opt for the promotion of
AD to my secondary Domain controller and just rebuild the 1st one. Well the
big problem I faced was that I never installed DNS on the second domain
controller. I decieded to go ahead with the FSMO promotion and everything
was seized just fine. But now I sit with no DNS (I installed DNS before the
Seizer of roles) but it is not creating any Zones. I have tried to create a
new Zone but it keeps looking for the downed server?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Aaron Visser