Not really. The other thing to consider would be anyone hard coded to point to this DC for anything (apps using it explicitly, DNS, WINS, etc.) but that’s about it really.

After I’d probably confirm it is gone from the directory, both NTDS settings object and computer account, as well as perhaps some of the other things that could “point” to it (like NTFRS member objects).

BTW, what is the DC going off to do? If it is retiring, it has a retirement plan of some sort? I suggest Florida, maybe in the Palm Beach area. It is beautiful this time of year.

~Eric

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Gonzalez
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:38 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Retiring a DC

Hello all,

I’ve been asked to retire a win2000 DC. My understanding is that I just need to run DCPromo. I’ve done this at home in my lab with no ill effects. The server doesn’t really hold any roles other that being a DC. Am I missing something? Is there more to it? Is there a doc or URL that you can point me to? Thanks in advance.

Paul