Re-read what that helpfile entry says:

>      However, the wizard does not remove the user from groups in the
>      target domain that no longer exist in the source domain.

That implies that it will update the account in the target domain with
group membership from the source domain, but it will not remove any
group membership from the target account even if the source account is
not a member of those groups. This is a good thing, especially in your
case since you want to add the group memberships up so the final
account has the aggregate of all their accounts.

That said I do not believe that intraforest migrations allow you to
merge accounts. Pain in the ass if that is the case for ADMT as it is
for NetIQ. I have looked around but all the information I can find on
ADMT doesn't mention the issue of merging accounts in an intraforest
migration; perhaps they assumed that since you are in the same forest
there wouldn't be conflicts ;) Can anyone else get any better docs on
ADMT...or speak from experience?

If that is indeed the case then your best bet is to change the groups
from the domains to Universal, migrate them to the target domain and
fix the group membership for the target domain users with a script.
Then you don't need to migrate the conflicting accounts and can change
the groups back to Global when you're done.

Phil

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx