Title: Passwords from SQL
No, AD can not connect to another password store and pull passwords. You would need some sort of syncing mechanism such as a metadata syncing tool or other. It also depends completely on how the passwords are stored in the MySQL database. If they are stored as one way hashes, you would need to intercept the password change and forward that clear text password on to Active Directory as it wouldn't be able to use the hash.

One additional concern would be around password policies, doing something like would require identical policies on the two systems or else you could get in a situation where a password would be valid for one system, but not for the other.

  joe

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jacob Stabl
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:56 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Passwords from SQL

I am running a MySQL server that holds data for a grading program here in the district.  Well teachers have the ability to change passwords through that software and I was curious if AD could import passwords for people on a scheduled increment from that SQL database.  Can active directory connect to a SQL database to pull other information or possibly import users directly from that database??

--
Jacob Stabl
Network Engineer