My personal opinion is that you carry less crap over if you bring up a new 2k3 DC (even if only temporarily).  You can always reformat and reuse the original server then move it back if you need to.

Bob

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alborzfard, Alex
Posted At: Monday, October 10, 2005 8:26 AM
Posted To: ActiveDirectory
Conversation: AD Migration Question
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD Migration Question

I have a W2K AD that I want to migrate to W2K3 AD. What’s the best option: In-place upgrade of the W2K DC or standing up a brand new W2K3 DC server

And then upgrade the W2K DC to W2K3?

By the way the W2K DC is also running DNS, DHCP, & WINS. I have one more DNS server. If I go the second route do I need to set up a DNS server or can I use the existing ones?

Thanks

--Alex