-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:58 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD Migration Question

Agreed, although you should be careful to note (and take appropriate
actions
for) any apps that utilize hard coded DNS server entries prior to
sunsetting
the original 2K DC.

It's always been a best practice to stand up a new DC vs. upgrade in
place.
Not a hard and fast rule, but a best practice.

If your DNS is integrated, and since WINS is replicable (word?) as well,

then DHCP is the only animal left to contend with really.  You'll want
pay some attention to how you approach that so that you work with the
lease
times, option settings, networks, etc.

-ajm