Does anyone happen to know a rough idea how many bytes are transmitted when a single user logs on to an XP box to a W2K3 AD, assuming cached credentials aside?  I’ve been goog searching and finding a lot of detailed info about replication but not much about the size of the authentication packets etc.  I am digging out net monitor as I type (well almost as I type) to see for myself, but anyone who would like to comment on the feasibility of having XP machines on the far end of a 56K frame circuit actually being members of the domain, please feel free to let me know.  We’re talking simple logging in, including a single GPO or maybe two – but no replication, etc.  They do already get their email using Outlook to a pst.

And please don’t laugh.  This is a very serious issue. ;-)

Rich

Rich Milburn
MCSE, Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Sr Network Analyst, Field Platform Development
Applebee's International, Inc.
4551 W. 107th St
Overland Park, KS 66207
913-967-2819
"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." - Pablo Picasso

-------APPLEBEE'S INTERNATIONAL, INC. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE-------
PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message or any attachments. This information is strictly confidential and may be subject to attorney-client privilege. This message is intended only for the use of the named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this in error, you should kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately destroy this message. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law. Applebee's International, Inc. reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to and from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Applebee's International, Inc. e-mail system.