-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Susan Bradley,
CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 1:08 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] OT: Patch Management

After I test on a test network at home, after I apply them to my 'canary
boxes' and check and make sure everything is fine, after I watch the
chatter on the patchmangement.org listserve and google on the newsgroups
for the KB article number to see if everything looks good and check my
own SBS newsgroup because someone has already installed it during the
lunch hour or middle of the day....

That's 'instant' gratification 'after' a patch testing process and
change management process.

Once that patch is 'approved' I want it on the boxes as fast as I can.

The tool is irrelevant.  Pick one and get it set up.  I like gui.  And
WSUS annoys me.

It's the risk analysis and change management process that is the hard part.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx