People,

Here is the "RH Code Of Conduct" that I coined 10 years ago and have been
living by since then:

"A good Administrator will always;

[1] Swear not to sacrifice technical necessity for political expediency.
[2] Manage not only the job at hand but the expectations of the job outcome.
[3] Never be afraid to tell Management that something can't be done.
[4] Walk away knowing, not guessing, that the user understood.
[5] Treat Murphy's Law like the physical law of nature that it really is.
[6] Not spare expense when dealing with critical data.
[7] Remember that anybody can do anything.
[8] Remember that all it takes is one small slip and it all becomes a job
from Hell.
[9] Never be put into a situation requiring justification.
[10] Never do anything to damage his own reputation."

I don't have a problem telling Management anything and never have but it
doesn't make them more amenable to you.

Thanks all for your compassion.

We "Drive On."

RH