Title: Replication Problem After DC Demotion

We just demoted a W2K DC in our primary site. The demotion was successful and the NTDS object associated with the DC was removed from AD Sites & Services.

In our only other site, the one domain controller is reporting replication problems. Replmon is reporting the following: The DSA Operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

The error code from replmon is 8524

Over an hour has passed. The replication topology is automatic and we have all default settings in regards to replication schedules etc.

Any suggestions?

Devin