I heard this is included in SMS also, true?!

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Bradley,
CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 12:11 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-041
Vulnerability in DNS Resolution Could Allow Remote Code Execution

While I prefer Shavlik.. WSUS is free and fits in extremely nicely in an

active directory network.

Steve Linehan wrote:
> Microsoft provides several options for scanning your machines for
> security patches which can be found here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/default.mspx
> Take a look at the section "Security Update Detection Solutions" and
> find the one that best meets your environment.  There are of course
many
> other third party tools as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Steve

Alborzfard
> Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 10:38 AM
> To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
> Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-041
> Vulnerability in DNS Resolution Could Allow Remote Code Execution
>
> Thanks John this is really helpful, though only for this
vulnerability.

> Alex

Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I
will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs