-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James Eaton-Lee
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:39 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Isolating a DC

http://www.windowsitpro.com/articles/print.cfm?articleid=37935

> Then, as a fall-back option, look for the isolation using IPSec
> whitepapers on Microsoft site. I can't find them now, but I know that
> they exist. They show you how to restrict communication with a
specific
> server or network using IPSec.

I think what you're referring to is the excellent "Server and Domain
Isolation using IPSec" content, at:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/architectureanddesign/i
psec/default.mspx

If all you're looking for is host-based firewalling, however,
there's other content online that'll explain this a little more
concisely, such as this presentation from the Virginia Tech Windows
Users Group:

http://vtwug.w2k.vt.edu/pdf/w2k_ipsec_firewall.pdf#search=%22using%20ips
ec%20as%20a%20firewall%22

And also "Using IPSec to Lock Down a Server" from technet..

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/security/ipsecld.ms
px

Hope that helps!

- James.

--

 James (njan) Eaton-Lee | 10807960 | http://www.jeremiad.org

 Semper Monemus Sed Non Audiunt, Ergo Lartus - (Jean-Croix)

sites: https://www.bsrf.org.uk ~ http://www.security-forums.com

  ca: https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx