-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Bradley,
CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:26 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] SHAREPOINT AND EXTERNAL LDAP

I have been told (BTW) by the patch management tool folks that still
support customers that buy NT patches  -- that their main customers that
buy NT patches from Microsoft are banks and financial institutions.

Consider as well that when I walk into Bank of America they are running
DOS based apps.

I wouldn't use "banks" as a shining example of security policy...when
BofA has

1.  allowed slammer to nail their ATM networks 2.  Lost backup tapes
causing identity theft

as two such shining examples of security policy in action.

Who's going to be on the firing line when something happens?  Bank of
America?  Or your buns?

If it's your buns, are your comfortable with not changing passwords?

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I
will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx