I don't know of anyone officially moving to Vista any time soon. Folks are
playing with it, usually IT folks are just looking to get the latest and
greatest to feel cool, they don't generally really and truly need any of the
features. Several places I have heard with any kind of plans are talking
2008 soonest for Vista and Office 2007.

I was chatting with some other folks about this recently and I expect a lot
of companies will find the migration to Vista to be even more difficult than
their migration from Win9x to NT based technology. At least with NT
Technology you usually had a bunch of people that had a lot of NT knowledge
already and could leverage it or could go out into the newsgroups and find
folks who have been running NT stuff in production for years and years. You
don't really have that with Vista (and LongHorn) and the changes are
sufficient enough that it will break quite a few things. I am not saying
that is bad necessarily, that is what everyone started screaming for when
they said MSFT wasn't secure enough. Now people will get to find out what
that really means... I know quite a few developers who are hopping mad over
a lot of the changes and some are even more concerned over where code
signing is going, etc. Especially folks with low priced or free software
that they may available because if code signing becomes absolutely required,
you have to pay for that as a developer/company.

Anyway, my thoughts are that there will be quite a few companies with custom
mechanisms for managing things that they have developed over the years that
will all completely fail or nearly completely fail with Vista and will have
to be reworked or outright replaced which could take a lot of time. This
doesn't even start to get into the realm of just plain old line of business
apps.

Don't get me wrong, some leading edge people will move fast and take the
black eyes and bloodied noses in stride, most folks though I expect to
follow the old wait for SP1 rule and then wait even longer as they realize
it isn't a simple forklift of the binaries. I wouldn't be surprised to see
most large companies deploying Longhorn heavily into production before Vista
even.

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm