From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Linehan
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:02 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Disabled user + when

As Edward pointed out to really get the authoritative data you want you would
need to have historic audit logs.  Another less reliable method that you can
use is to look at the replication metadata for the UserAccountControl
attribute.  This is the attribute that gets updated when the account is
disabled.  The problem is that this attribute is a collection of flags so if
anyone changed any of the other settings such as User cannot change password
after disabling the account the data will not be accurate.   There are many
tools that will show you the metadata on an object such as repadmin
/showobjmeta.

Thanks,

-Steve