Thanks for replying.

  You say that it is normal that the sid still remains in file & directory ACLs
after the deletion of the corresponding group ??

  I always thought that sids *HAVE TO* disapear dynamically on all existing
ACLs set on file server.
  I'm a bit surprise that the system (AD<->file server) leave this dirty sid
and that there is no synchronisation that updates the "link" between the AD
object and the ACE....

  What is the reason ? could this behavior be altering ?

  I'd like sid disappears after deletion of the corresponding group in AD in
order to not have this dirty SIDs...

  Thanks.

  Yann

"Akomolafe, Deji" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
      It's "normal". You should be permissioning your resources with groups
instead of directly with user accounts. Groups tend to last longer, so you
don't have to deal with the horrible SIDs.

Sincerely,
   _____
  (, /  |  /)               /)     /)
                               (/
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.akomolafe.com - we know IT
-5.75, -3.23
Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday?
-anon