Consider example:

Book
has_many :authors # first level association

Author
has_many :addresses # second level association

Now I want to be able to edit / create a book and at the same time
edit / create associated authors and addresses.

So the form would look something like:
Update Book
-- book fields
--Author subform
------ Address subform


I know this can be done via nested scaffolds. But I really need to do
this on one page itself while editing or creating a record.

I tried an option of embedding active scaffold for addresses but that
would only solve the purpose when an author has already been created
as only then I can add an constraint of author_id for address
scaffold.

Please suggest how this problem can be solved or point me into a right
direction for solving this.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards,
Aditya
www.whizcreed.com
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to