>> GCC with it's default dynamic runtime would suffer quite a bit...
>
> Only if the out-line calls will be used (in clang, this is a
> workaround for a bad compile-time, we'll use out-line functions only
> when there are more than 10000 checks in a function).

Right, this may be enough for Clang's needs (pathalogical codes with
thousands memory accesses) but will slow down my usecase quite a bit
(I admit that I may be the only one who's interested though).

I can probably get away with manually adding -lmy_private_asan_checks
to CFLAGS to override default Asan callback implemenation with it's
PLT overheads but IMHO making upstream implementation slower than
necessary is questionable.

> Hold on a bit here. First, my recent patches have a bug around
> handling of memset&co,
> second I am considering to competely replace memset&co calls with
> another function call -- this will solve some other problems as well,
> but it needs performance evaluation...

Cool, ping us when it's in.

-Y