Bruno,

Actually, Trinidad does not yet work with portlets.  :)

That being said, most of the code base was ported over from ADFFaces which was originally written from 10.1.3. If 1.4 is a hard requirement, you might want to look at ADFFaces again. I believe the 10.1.3.1 release has enhancements to work with the portal system. Hopefully we'll get Trinidad up to speed very soon.

-1 to reverting the renderkit to work with 1.4. It seems to me it's taking a step backward, especially as we (or Adam rather) ramp up to supporting JSF 1.2.

Scott O'Bryan

Bruno Bernard wrote:
I am currently working for a company that had been using Oracle ADF for a while and we are currently planning to move to portlets. Since oracle ADF does not support portlets out of the box, we decided to look more closely into Trinidad which works with Portlets.
One of our requirement is to use Java 1.4.

After looking at this page (http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/ToDo) I tried to see how much it was to run Trinidad on Java 1.4. It was easy and we've made it work. We are currently thinking to go for this solution and contribute to your project if you want.