I'm +0 about it. I think it's nice to know who wrote a piece of code before
you modify it, so you can ask a quick question to the author. The main
example I can find in Trinidad is the use of Hashtable and Vector every now
and then, was it because of the old 1.2 codebase or was synchronization
required? A simple mail to the author would have answered that question.
Then again, I can see Craig's point as well as ASF concerns. The best
compromise I can find is maintaining a history of changes in the Javadoc
with the author names, but I really don't think many of us (starting with
me) will have the patience to keep such a thing up-to-date, hence the +0.