Dear? (could you please include a name?)
1.When you import your movie do you use a firewire cable? Some cameras don't come with 
it and the USB2 cable that normally comes with your camera is no good for it (it only 
helps you transferring the still images on your camera) It is a bit difficult to 
answer your question as you do not explain what you did when you tried to transfer 
your video footage to your computer? Did you check your preference settings and also 
project settings  from within the program? Make sure you tick import audio and video.
2. A good start is the 'Visual Quickpro Guide Premiere +whatever version you are on' 
by Antony Bolante. And yes it is a very complex program especially if you have never 
worked with video editing. But don't forget we all started once... It would be perhaps 
helpful if you first used the 'smaller' packages that you might have already on your 
computer as I.ex. Windows Movie Maker. This will help you to understand the basics 
first.
Good luck
Stefanie Kappel ARPS
Photography & Digital  Imaging

www.stefaniekappel.com  
>Hi,

I just bought a Sony Vaio RA710G with Adobe Premiere Standard 7.0 
installed, with the idea that I'd have a complete package to begin 
learning about video editing.

When I import MOV files from my Kodak Dx6490 digital camera, only 
the sound will play. The picture remains still.

1. So the specific question is, does anyone know why or what I can 
do to fix it? The same videos play on the system at Circuit City 
where I bought it.

2. The broader question is, how does a newcomer like me figure out 
how on earth to work Adobe Premiere. The Help file is 329 pages of 
gobbledygook that assumes a great deal of knowledge and much of 
which is aimed at the Adobe Premiere Pro, which I don't have.

Much thanks to anyone who can help!


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to