On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Kai Sterker <kai.ster...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also am thinking about actually adding a settings window. Initially I
> did not think it would be feasible, due to lacking widgets, but I think I
> came up with a design that should work quite well and be simple enough to
> add.

[...]

> Basically you'd use the up/down arrow keys to select one of the options or
> OK, then use left/right to cycle through the possible values (or in case of
> the volume increase or decrease the number). OK will close and save. Should
> be easy enough to write in Python, like the rest of the UI.

Implemented and comitted, though only tested on Linux with Python 3.5.

And it's actually quite good I implemented this, because during this I
discovered that the localization does not really work anymore. Basically,
gettext no longer loaded the message catalog from its custom location, for
whatever reason. I implemented the workaround found at
http://stackoverflow.com/a/1564879/2501078 , but I am pretty certain there
never was the need to call setlocale(LC_ALL,"") before.

Anyway, another bug fixed, and we now can change the most important
settings on the fly and without manually editing the config file :-).

Kai