>I am currently looking into unloading and reloading our TSM database.  My
>database has not been unloaded or reloaded since we installed ADSM in 1995,
>and the database has grown from 6gb to 32 gb.

Monte - This issue was discussed on the list about 10 days ago, so see
        the archives for info.
Databases grow because of the amount of data contained in them.
Doing an unload-reload will not reduce the amount of data: it will
only consolidate blocks.  As daily activity proceeds after such a
reorganization (which will likely take 3 days), updating will result
in database records scattering, so you'll eventually end up with
what you already have.  And the b-tree nature of the database may
actually require the size of your database disk allotment to be
increased for the reload.  I don't see any real advantage to going
through an unload-reload - particulary considering the cost - and
Tivoli has not published any supporting background information or
studies that I am aware of.  Databases are random-access amalgams
where consolidation is of no inherent advantage.  The historic
absence of any information supporting unload-reload as an efficiency
booster in the product leaves me dubious.  And if it were of great
benefit then one should expect Tivoli to provide far more efficient
means of performing it.
   Richard Sims, BU