From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Golbin,
Mikhail
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:50 AM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [External] Re: [ADSM-L] CONTAINER pool experiences

Container pools work but you don't have defrag functionality until 8.1.4 -
which means it does not release the space it no longer uses.
Also you don't get much if any benefit from dedup if you commingle 2 or more
container pools into one on the replica.
For example you have 2 servers doing backups, storing data in container pools
and both replicating to one offsite server.
Each container pool is about 20Tb and there is a lot of overlap - the storage
pool usage on the offsite will be close to 40Tb, rather than 25Tb that it would
have been if dedup worked properly

--
Mikhail Golbin
bus (908)635-5705

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender by replying to this
email and then delete it from your system.

No reliance may be placed upon this email without written
confirmation of its contents and any liability arising from
such reliance without written confirmation is hereby
excluded.

JRI America