Fra: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> På vegne af .Maurizio
TERUZZI
Sendt: Thursday, 23 May 2019 15.51
Til: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Emne: [ADSM-L] Restore new fation ISP v8.1.x

Hello Guys/Girls,

I discoverd something "strange" during a Full restore on production.

On Windows server 2016 (+ windows 10) since Spectrum protect (tsm) version
8.1.x the SystemState restore is not more possible (deprecated) on the online
machine.

Instreat everyone should build a WinPE customized to do the boot and bareMetal
Restore.

I spend some hour playing that, builting images but Is still have no solutions
to recover the initial server.

By chance I was able to move the server function to a temporary server.

Any one as a standard build to boot-up or some experience?

What I offcially found is:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager/page/Creating%20Bootable%20WinPE%20Media%20for%20Recovery%20of%20Microsoft%20Windows%20Server%202016%20and%20Microsoft%20Windows%2010

but not easy as describet.

Grazie

Sincerely
Maurizio