Eric,

What happens when you benchmark the DB volumes using the tool provided with
the blueprints on an idle system, does the system also slow down with
commands such as q stgpool or does it stay fast when the benchmark is
running on all volumes?
Also, what kind of a result does the benchmark give you and what do you use
for your database storage?

Regards,
   Stefan