Van: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Namens Bill
Mansfield
Verzonden: woensdag 14 november 2001 17:51
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: Re: LAN Free (SAN) Backup

Actually from SAN disk to TSM client, then from TSM client to SAN Tape (or
disk with SANergy) storage - twice across the SAN.  Some variety of
Serverless backup is promised in TSM 5.x next year.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc
630 718 4238

                    Wouter V
                    <wouter-v@EAS        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    YNET.BE>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: LAN Free (SAN)
Backup
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/14/2001
                    09:57 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

OK, I can accept that : it means that data transfers twice over the SAN :
from disk to server and from disk to SAN
tape storage, wright ?