From: Christian Svensson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 10:24
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Why do I need to...

Hi Everyone!
If I want to do a manual recovery of my Windows 2000 server do I need to do
this steps.
* Install Windows 2000
* Join the domain
* Install the same Serivce Pack as before.
* Install the same TSM version or later.
* Restore the System State
* Restore all files

So my question is.
Why do I need to install the same Service Pack. Can´t TSM write over all
files and replece the files when the system is reboot?

Best Regard / Med vänlig hälsning
Christian Svensson
Tivoli Storage Manager Certified

  _____

Cristie Nordic AB
Gamla Värmdövägen 4, Plan 2        Office : +46-(0)8-718 43 30
SE-131 06 Nacka  Mobile : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
Sweden   eMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  _____

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com.
This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that
no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and
that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and
may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart
Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for
the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.