From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Harmeet Sian
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:51 PM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1

I've been labelled a maniac for rolling out fresh 7.1 to several clients
instead of trusted 6.3.4 but not a single one has had any issue. I was hoping I
could do more with the op center but the dashboard is making clients go weak at
the knees. Also the TSM4VE updates have somehow made this a much more reliable
product - no more blank screens in vCenter or inability to edit jobs. Also
loving the separate interface without having to load vCenter or mess about with
-optfile and shortcut settings.

I did have issues upgrading one TSM server (6.3.4 but this guy has seen
upgrades all the way from 6.2 days) but I was able to roll back painlessly -
even without a DB backup ( upgrade process be damned... its just 'next',
'next', 'next' right?? :) ). I then followed the upgrade guide properly and
still had issues so I'm suspecting the server itself has something
fundamentally wrong with it.
All the installations I have had have been on Win 2008r2 or 2012 with ample
memory and processor (128GB RAM or above, 16 cores etc).

I'm currently looking at how the hub/spoke replication works but given my
experience so far I expect to be pleasantly surprised.
All-in-all this is been such a good experience compared to TSM6.1.

Harmeet Sian SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER

The Missing Link Network Integration Pty Ltd
a   9-11 Dickson Ave Artarmon NSW 2064
p   1300 865 865
os  +61 2 8436 8585
w   themissinglink.com.au