I'm sticking with 6.3.4.3 for the server.  I haven't applied the .300
fixpack yet, but will do so soon.  I'm waiting for 7.1.1 because of this
APAR:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC97618

It says in there that that APAR is not fixed in 7.1.0 (only at 7.1.1).

I have worked a bit on the 7.1.0 TSM for VE, but the installer was
difficult to work with in our environment.  Finally got it working, but
only after stopping the installer after it said something had failed
(don't know what, the logging is atrocious).  I also had issues
configuring it, but it looks like a lot of it had to do with underlying
permission issues.

Thanks!
Sergio