Hello,

I don't know what the baseline for the claimed 10x improvement is.  I hope there
is an ATS webinar soon to explain it.

I did serious amounts of dedup on 6.1 servers.  They are now at 6.3.4.2+ and I
don't
remember a big improvement from the upgrade.

This url, http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21452146 says that
the
big tables and indexes related to dedup are put in separate tablespaces.  So I
can
guess that if you can commit the disk resources to separate them there could be
a big
improvement.  Wanda used to have a sig line about i/o and it is still true.

If the separation of tables and indexes accounts for the bulk of the 10x, I
don't know
how an upgrade from 6.3 will get the dedup performance improvement without some
downtime and direct db2 manipulation of the tables and indexes.

Regards,

Bill Colwell
Draper Lab