Can we get an official statement about the future of ADT? From the outside
it seems ADT is a little-bit abandoned project. It does not get any
improvements, only the most crucial updates to stay compatible with the new
SDKs. With ADT 23, even the compatibility updates were missing, it was
released with lot of bugs, really core functionality are broken. I know the
tools team puts really great effort to build Android Studio and the new
build system, but it seems that just leaves no resources for the ADT.
So my question is: Should we count on ADT in the future, or it is wise to
start to migrate our projects and workflow to ADT. I love Eclipse
personally, so i do not want to switch to AS only i really have to, but if
ADT will be no longer supported i guess i won't have any other options.