Most Linux "users" I interact with have been using "inux distros for a
very long time and are either professional sysadmins, or developers
who work at various layers of the stack :)

Also, a person may be excellent at one technology but a newbie at
something else.

For the past three months, I've been interacting every weekend with
some user group or the other, and their inputs are useful for us in
improving Belenix.

-- Sriram