Hi Randal!

Thank you very much for your commentary. Now for my comments.

On Sunday 02 October 2005 14:17, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Shlomi> Hi good people,
> Shlomi> there's a new web-site for Perl beginners - perlmeme.org -
>
> Shlomi> http://perlmeme.org/
>
> Unless it's hidden, I'm not finding any obvious link there to the
> defacto standard location for Perl beginners, <http://learn.perl.org>.

That may be possible. Perlmeme.org is still under constant development, and
many important content and links are missing. As far as I'm concerned a link
to learn.perl.org should be added very soon, at the very least because it
also contains some online books including the first edition of Beginning
Perl.

> I think this represents broken integrity on your part, since you
> appear to be trying to replace learn.perl.org, not supplement it, so
> you're attempting to fracture the community, not enhance it.

Just a note: while being a perlmeme.org contributor I am by no means am
leading this project. I'm sorry if I gave this impression, but my intention
in the original message was to just publicize perlmeme.org. I believe Simon
Taylor (CCed to this message) and other collaborators of his, are more of an
authority as far as perlmeme.org is concerned.

I believe they'll gladly accept any good patches to the site, either from
Randal or from someone else.

> If you add a prominent link to learn.perl.org, I will withdraw my
> complaint.

OK. Just note that perlmeme.org is a very different site that learn.perl.org
(and to some extent perl-begin.berlios.de) and they both fill different
niches. I'm still looking for more contributors for perl-begin, including
people who can populate its wiki with useful content:

http://perl-begin.berlios.de/Wiki/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks again!

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish