John> You guys are a bunch of hypocrites.

Really?  I want the community to have access to the best materials
available.  A lot of work has gone into learn.perl.org, and there is
history of Shlomi not wanting to help learn.perl.org but merely create
his own site for personal motivations.  That's the background for my
statement.

John> I guess Randal is upset because Shlomi isn't sending traffic to
John> a site that promotes his own Book(s).... That can be bought from
John> Amazon....

Troll.

John> Yes, Shlomi's site states the obvious, and alot of the examples can be
John> found in perldoc's. But his audience doesn't know about perldoc, so
John> its a great resource for someone who has no perl book and no
John> experience -
John> and wants quick access to some real Perl help with some real examples.

And so is learn.perl.org, and if there were complaints to
learn.perl.org, they could have been addressed there.  No need to
waste time duplicating effort.

Note that I will also argue the reciprocal.  Once Ovid's comments are
addressed (I had similar notes when I skimmed the site), there's no
reason that learn.perl.org shouldn't point at perlmeme.org as well.

But at this point, I won't argue that, because Shlomi should probably
spend a bit more time reading good Perl before promoting a site about
learning Perl.  I could recommend a good book, but it'd be feeding the
trolls. :)