Hello,

I am attempting to utilize the Google Ads Pending Developer Token on a Test
Account.
I followed this guide
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/first-call/test-accounts#create>

which states the following important details:

   - " If prompted, sign in with a Google Account
   <https://www.google.com/account/about/> that isn't linked to your
   production Google Ads manager account
   <https://ads.google.com/home/tools/manager-accounts/>. There is also a
   link to create a new Google Account if you need to do so."
   - "While signed in to your test manager account, create a *test client
   account*."
   - "Create a few test *campaigns"*
   - "Take note of the *client customer ID*"
   - "Use the developer token of your production manager account when
   making requests against the test manager account. Even if it's not approved
   yet, the token will still work on test accounts, including the ones just
   created."

I did this exactly. I've:

   1. Created a new Google account for the purpose of creating a Google Ads
   test account - not in any way associated with out production account
   2. Created the Google Ads Manager Test Account
   3. Created a Google Ads test client account
   4. Created several test campaigns
   5. Used the Productions Pending Developer Token to try and query the
   test account

I am using the client library for Python, and I am utilizing a Google
Service Account for my authentication:

[image: 2022-10-03 16_34_47-Untitled.ipynb (3) - JupyterLab and 4 more
pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png]

Yet, when I try to run get_campaigns.py
<https://github.com/googleads/google-ads-python/blob/main/examples/basic_operations/get_campaigns.pyosoft%E2%80%8B%20Edge.png>,

I'm confronted with an authentication error. Here is that error:

*```Request with ID "xxxx[censored]xxxx" failed with status
"UNAUTHENTICATED" and includes the following errors:    Error with message
"User in the cookie is not a valid Ads user.".*
*```*

So this makes me wonder, do I need to add the test client account to my
production manager account?

Attempted to "link" the accounts using "Link an existing account" within
Google Ads provides another error. Here is that error:

*```You can't link this account because the manager and client account
types are not compatible.```*
So what's going on here? Am I mistaken to think the test client account and
production manager account need to be linked? I also tried linking the test
manager account with the production manger account, and I got the same
error.

Can someone please explain what I'm going wrong? Also, to Google, there is
no documentation I can find on the "*manager and client account types are
not compatible*" error. Can we please get a page up describing what causes
this?

Thanks for any help.