I have the same need to know the account creation date.

In my case, I need to know the account creation date because I'm building a
reporting service that queries the CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT (AdHoc
reports).  The algorithm I'm using is to start with today's date, then
query backwards (reverse chronologically) one month at a time.  The problem
is I need a reliable way to know when to stop querying.  My current method
is to stop querying when I get 0 records for a query.  I'm not sure if this
is reliable as I'm guessing it's possible that there could be no activity
for a month (perhaps when campaigns are paused)?

Knowing the account creation date would give me a reliable way to stop
querying since this will ensure that I'm querying the entire period of the
account's existence.

Zweitze - I will try your way of using CampaignService.  It's too bad the
account creation date is not returned in the CustomerService.get() call.

Any better ideas?