Hello,

I've come to the assumption that it has to do with the type of criterion,
if its a neighborhood, it seems to always lead to an error. I'm looking at
the documentation for TargetingIdeaService. The documentation for the API
does state "Warning: Not all back-ends support sub-country precision.",
although it doesn't specifically state how to identify which levels work.
>From the various tests I ran over the weekend, every ID that was a
neighborhood failed. However, some of the criterion's are rather large
areas, one example is ID: 1002416 which is "Scarborough,Ontario,Canada", a
population of over 625,000 people which is quite a sizable market size. Is
there any way of getting the search volumes for a neighborhood? Entering
the same location via the keyword planner doesn't appear to work so I'm
assuming there isn't a way to do this from the API either? It seems odd to
me that small cities with just a few hundred population work but a
neighborhood with over half a million isn't available? This does create an
issue as I don't have any way of estimating volumes for neighborhoods which
are still valuable locations of interest to us.

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 12:43:51 PM UTC-5, Anthony Madrigal wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> As far as I know, there is no list other than the link you provided that
> shows the geo targeting criteria codes. If you would like me to further
> investigate this issue, please *reply privately to author *the SOAP
> request and response you used to get this error.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony
> AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ec7f971b-6d94-4156-b7a5-01e909c47467%40googlegroups.com.
  • TargetingIdeaS... Charles Michael
    • Re: Targe... Anthony Madrigal
      • Re: T... Charles Michael
        • R... Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)
          • ... Charles Michael
            • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum