Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I did reach out to the client library owners, and
they have also told me that it's standard practice for the libraries to
only include support for new API versions some time after those have been
deployed.

To be quite honest, I don't understand the approach–what's the upside of
publishing a new version of your API when consumers won't be able to use
it? Even more so when the upgrade has the potential to disrupt existing
workflows? And lastly, why not at least provide an option for API consumers
to stay on v10 instead of being auto-upgraded to v10.1 (which, again, is a
version they can't even make use of in the first place as the client
libraries have no support for it)?

Best,
Dorian

--
Dorian Kind
Director Data & Technologies

Webrepublic AG
Phone: +41 44 542 90 64 <+41-44-542-90-64> | Mobile: +41 78 611 91 95
<+41-78-611-91-95>

dorian.k...@webrepublic.com

https://webrepublic.com/

Google has announced that Universal Analytics will be replaced with Google
Analytics 4 next year. Learn about
<https://webrepublic.com/en/news/blog/posts/update-ga4?utm_source=email&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=blog&utm_content=google-analytics-4>
the important take-aways and recommendations for action.