Hi Jakeia,

I appreciate your continued support, but I don't really see how your answer
relates to the issue I've described. I'm well aware that the client
libraries will be updated at some point in order to ensure compatibility
with the latest API version. What's less clear to me is what to do in the
time period after the API upgrade but before the new libraries are
released, where existing code—such as the example I've provided above—no
longer works.

Naively I would assume that this situation could be avoided by *first* updating
the client libraries and *afterwards *publishing a new version of the API.
But of course I'm not privy to the inner workings of Google and there
probably is a valid reason not to do so. It's just frustrating for us to
experience broken builds without any recourse apart from waiting for a new
client library version to be released...

Best,
Dorian