We Have a Mikrotik CloudCore Router running very old firmware (From 2015)
I have been tasked with getting the config with the latest stable firmware

I Have a Mikrotik on my test bench same model as the one in use

when I export the config I get lots of errors when I try to import the
config with the router that has the new firmware

Also, I'm told that still does not copy the full config even if that does
work

can anyone please tell me how to back a full config back and restore that
full config back to a backup Mikrotik same model but newer firmware?

I'm not using the Backup and restore option as I'm not that will copy the
MAC from the old router

Thanks,