+1 this works too :)

On 08/07/2018 09:38 AM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
On 8/7/18 7:18 AM, Timothy Steele wrote:
We Have a Mikrotik CloudCore Router running very old firmware (From 2015)  I have been tasked with getting the config with the latest stable firmware

I Have a Mikrotik on my test bench same model as the one in use

when I export the config I get lots of errors when I try to import the config with the router that has the new firmware

Also, I'm told that still does not copy the full config even if that does work

can anyone please tell me how to back a full config back and restore that full config back to a backup Mikrotik same model but newer firmware?

I'm not using the Backup and restore option as I'm not that will copy the MAC from the old router

Thanks,

downgrade firmware on the replacement
apply existing config
upgrade firmware